AUF Applied Environmental Research Programme
The Applied Environmental Research Programme supports innovative scientific projects which help to protect the natural environment and to maintain the quality of life. At the same time, it aims to strengthen research which stimulates a sustainable economic development in the State of Bremen and the surrounding region.
Since 2007, the projects have been eligible for assistance from the 2007-2013 European Regional Development Fund programme (ERDF). You can find a full list (in German) of the AUF-funded projects here.
The aim is to achieve the following:
- Effective transposition of research findings into commercial practice
- Improving the R&D infrastructure in environmental protection
- Enhanced development of marketable and innovative products, services and processes which are highly environmentally compatible
- formation of scientific networks involving companies
At present, thematic clusters are being formed under the Applied Environmental Research Programme, and these are concentrating the R&D work (and thus the funding) on forward-looking fields. Currently, attention is particularly focusing on the following four priorities, but these are not exclusive.
Renewable energy and energy efficiency
The aim is a rational complement or replacement for conventional energy sources via the sustainable use of renewable energy and via improvements in energy efficiency (which also cover conventional energy sources).
Integrated product policy
Improving the environmental compatibility of products and services throughout their life-cycle
Development of environmental technology / production-integrated processes and methods
Development of new and improvement of existing production-integrated processes, innovative sensor and analysis technology and monitoring and screening processes
- Specific steering and incentive instruments to alter producer and consumer behaviour
- Applied research projects which serve the effective transposition of research findings into commerce and help to improve the R&D infrastructure relating to environmental protection
- Projects which are less immediately application-oriented, especially if there are specific reasons to expect that they can be continued with the help of third-party funding obtained on a supra-regional basis
- Selected information events to publicise research findings
- Preliminary research studies to prepare more substantial research projects
Preference is given to projects where the practical nature is reflected in co-operation with companies. If a company is to receive funding, it must have its headquarters or a company site in the State of Bremen.
|Area of impact:
||Place of implementation
||Total project volume (ERDF Programme):
||of which public-sector funding:
||of which ERDF funding:
|State of Bremen
||State of Bremen
|| 4.800.000 €